Thursday, July 3, 2008

July 3, 2008 : Right Belief Can Be Dead

“You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder” (James 3:19).

“There are many people who give mental assent to the reality of God, mental assent to the reality of Christ, the facts of the gospel. I admit to you that orthodox theology is better than heresy, but orthodox theology may not be enough. You want to know something? There’s no such thing as a liberal demon…All demons believe in the Trinity and the deity of Christ. All demons believe on the death of Christ on the cross for the sins of the world…There is no such thing as a heretical demon. They believe everything orthodox, everything. And they shudder. Why? That word means to bristle, to have the hair stand on end; they are in a high degree of terror. Men have intellectual faith and demons have emotional faith. Men say ‘I believe that’ and it stops. Demons say ‘I believe that’ and their hair stands on end because they understand the implications…The demons go one better than men, they go one better than religious phonies, they shudder, they shake, they’re in grave fear.”
(John MacArthur’s sermon on James 2:14-20)

What kind of faith is yours? Have you been brought forth by the word of truth so that your life produces fruit in keeping with salvation (James 1:18)? “Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves” (2 Corinthians 13:5).

1 comment:

  1. Dear Pastor Carey
    I must tell you how grateful I am for your teaching and I am so thankful that it is possible to examine if we are in the faith .
    It is for our protection and by God's grace He makes sure that we will have the truth to set us free and we will not be deluded when we ask God and find out that we are not born again .
    He is the One who can give us a new heart through faith in Jesus Christ that is sure and steadfast when we believe in our hearts and confess with our mouths that Jesus is Lord we will receive the Holy Spirit who bears witness with our spirit that we are His children . When I was born again I did not know all these truths BUT I knew for sure that I was saved because I had His Holy Spirit in me who immediately helped me to turn from sin and walk in a new way that I never was able to do before my salvation .
    I am blessed by your teaching because it reminds me of the Faithfulness of God to show us all we need to know and all we are to do for our salvation brings about a brandnew life and it is His life in us that enables us to know Jesus personally not a vague knowledge but a true knowledge and it is a life changing knowledge it is the birth of Jesus in our lives and He will reveal Himself to us <>< Jesus is our Way and our Truth and our Life daily and He leads us to our Father .
    I am blessed by you and your ministry of the Word of Life through Jesus Christ for the glory and praise of GOD .

    ReplyDelete