Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sept. 2, 2008

We are continually inundated with subtle or not-so-subtle messages that happiness, goodness and success in life are relative to the amount of wealth and possessions we acquire. But the opposite is true. In fact, the pursuit of happiness in money and stuff is ultimately dissatisfying and deadly!

James says so in chapter 5:1-6 and his brother, the Lord Jesus, says so in Luke 12:13-21. Both these passages are very good to preach to ourselves when battling for our joy in Jesus. Notice the similarities in the two texts please; James apparently paid attention to his Lord.

James 5:1-6

Luke 12:13-21


Let’s pray for one another, that we will go hard after Christ and our joy in Him (John 15:11).

Pastor Carey

1 comment:

  1. Dear Pastor Carey
    I thank God for the internet and that I can listen to your sermon ! I needed to hear every word you said and was very refreshed and it almost felt like God's breath was given to me and I am so grateful .
    I hope that I can PRAISE Him when times are hard and I am so grateful for Ron and others who show me that with GOD all things are possible .
    Again thank you for being so diligent in your teaching and preaching the living Word and also your pursuit of GOD in Christ Jesus our KING .
    Anna very glad to be reminded of how rich I am in Christ

    ReplyDelete