Monday, August 8, 2011

Paul and the Tormented Slave-Girl

Last Sunday I asked this question (following is an approximation of my words): "Why was Paul annoyed with the slave-girl who followed him and his team around, crying out, 'These men are servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to you the way of salvation.'"  I said I wasn't sure of the answer and invited listeners to help me with it.

Following our gathered worship time a member of our church gave a possible answer.  She said it was because the woman, being influenced by an evil spirit, spoke mockingly and derisively of God and His way of salvation.  Hers was far from a desire to glorify and honor God and His Son.  So, of course, Paul was annoyed and saw to it that she stopped!  I think this is an excellent thought and I commend it to you and thank our dear sister in Christ for her thoughtful consideration of God's Word.  Do others have thoughts to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment