Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Lord's Table on Sunday

In gathered worship, on October 2, we will observe communion together at RBBC.  Please prepare yourself for this in the Word, prayer, confession of known sin, and repentance.  Consider reading from Matthew 27:32-50 for meditation.  

"And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, saying... 'My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?'" (Matthew 27:46)  The suffering required of the Savior to assuage the wrath of God for our sins was incalculable!  On the cross--not including his suffering for days, months and years prior--He suffered hour after hour for the glory of His Father (John 17:1), for countless of His own-- for you, believer.  

"And can it be that I should gain an interest in the Savior's love?  Died He for me, who caused His pain, for me who Him to death pursued?  Amazing love, how can it be, that Thou my God shouldst die for me?"

1 comment: