Monday, November 2, 2009

LOST PEOPLE ARE REALLY....LOST!

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through Him. Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.” (John 3:16-18)

Last week I met with a man, a dying man. He is nine years younger than I and totally disabled because of debilitating pain and severe medical conditions that will kill him, and probably soon. And He is lost, really lost! He has not yet believed in Jesus Christ for salvation and, therefore, he is condemned before God. Our church helped him with a utility bill (thank you, RBBC family, for your generous benevolence giving), but he is still living in darkness and lost. I keep thinking about him and praying for him and will call soon and try to get with him again because he needs Jesus. Will you pray that he will humbly repent and trust in Christ for his rescue? If you are praying, please let me know in the “comments” section, and share how I can pray for a lost one whom the Lord has burdened you for.

5 comments:

  1. Pastor, I join with you in praying for this man. He sounds like many I know, and truthfully how "I" had also been at one time. I pray that his sorrow might not be a worldly sorrow based on his circumstances, dire though they are, but that Our Lord would grant him "Godly sorrow that leads to repentance" II Cor.7:10. Truly this kind of repentance can only come as a gift from God (II Tim. 2:24-26). Without understanding our sinful state and our critcal NEED for a Savior, we are ALL lost. I will pray for this man and would ask you to pray for a co-worker/friend of mine who I have been burdened for as well. She needs to see her NEED of salvation, and does not. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Pastor Carey!I have been praying with you for this man and of course you know and pray for my Bill and Daniel already!Thank you!It is so encouraging to me and reminds me AGAIN of God's gift of grace His Son Jesus Christ who became sin for us so that we might become the righteousness of God in HIM .2 Corinthians 5:21
    Let us pray let us pray every hour of every day let us PRAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Pastor Carey,
    I join with you in praying for this man and so many others that are oblivious to their need of redemptive grace.
    I pray that the Holy Spirit will grow the beautiful seed that you have planted in this man, and that he will be able to accept Jesus Christ as his Savior before he dies.
    Love and prayers always,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am praying for this man, as well, Carey. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to join you in praying for him. I was just thinking of a song we love to belt out around our house.... "Savior, He can move the mountains! Our God is mighty to save!" I'm praying He will use that might and His marvelous grace to draw this man to Himself.

    You have met our friend whose spiritual condition we're unsure of. There are also members of the extended Richter family (Matt's grandmother, Bernice, for one) who are not saved and we pray they'll come to know Christ. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pastor Carey, we have a neighbor, Roy, whose wife passed away this year. Arlene had taken her to several events at our church. Roy doesn't hear well, but that need not hinder God's communication with him. We heard that he doesn't have a Bible he can read easily (a modern translation), so I want to bring him one of ours. Please pray for God's work in him and his adult children.
    Grace to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete