Tuesday, April 20, 2010

After a Funeral and a Memorial Service

Last week I was blessed to speak at David Shafer's funeral and the memorial service for Pauline Brown, both followers of Jesus.  And Colossians 3:3 is recurring in my mind this week: "For you have died and your life is now hidden with Christ in God."  I know that Paul is addressing believers who are still alive in this life and have "with Christ...died to the elemental spirits of this world" (2:20).  But I am deeply moved to know that, by God's grace, we who belong to Him are "hidden with Christ in God" in this life and forever.  Praise be to God!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Pastor Carey !
    I love this Scripture for many reasons and one of them "my old self" is dead and "my new life" is hidden with Christ in God every second of the day and through eternity ! How amazing and true our Lord Jesus Christ IS our life now and forever ! I absolutely love this verse it describes my new life and I am thrilled that the old Anna died and I get to live my new life hidden with Christ in God now and forever ! Wow !!!for sure but very real and only Jesus is making this possible ! Thank you for building me up in my faith through the living word of God ! HUGE encouragement !

    ReplyDelete