Tuesday, June 7, 2011

36 Years of Gracious Blessings!

Beyond description I am a blessed man!  Thirty six years ago today Rynette Bartel married me at Bethel Mennonite Church, two miles from the ranch where she grew up near Wolf Point, MT.  By choosing me she chose the good, hard life of pastoral ministry and she is a wonderfully wise ministry partner  She is an incomparable woman and one of deep, growing faith.  She is gentle and kind in challenging me to keep my eyes on Jesus.  By God's grace we are growing in covenant love and we love being married!

"She is far more precious than jewels.  The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain.  She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life." (Prov. 31:1-12) 

I love you, Rynette, and I rise with our children to call you blessed. (Prov. 31:28)  "Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all." (Prov. 31:29)  You are "a woman who fears the LORD" and I praise you! (Prov. 31:30) 

No comments:

Post a Comment