Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Blessing of Vacation

I praise God for His kindnesses to me through the local Body of Christ, Rocky Bayou Baptist Church, including that of vacation time!  Our whole family will be together as we visit Rynette's and my parents "up north", July 4--18. Please pray for safety in travel, rest, and sweet, memorable, God-honoring family times together.  Please pray especially for our pastors, Carey Dean and Travis Cook, as our staff is "short" for a while.  And Rynette and I ask you to pray for our parents as they live with challenges of growing older, including frail health and diminishing strength.  Please pray that they will experience the daily help and assurance of our glorious God of Deuteronomy 33:26-27!  "There is none like God, O Jeshurun, who rides through the heavens to your help, through the skies in His majesty.  The eternal God is your your dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms."  And pray this promise from Isaiah 46:3-4 over them, too.  "Listen to me, O house of Jacob, all the remnant of the house of Israel, who have been borne by me from before your birth, carried from the womb; even to your old age I am He, and to gray hairs I will carry you.  I have made, and I will bear; I will carry and I will save."  Also, please pray that God will grant us insights about how we may best encourage and honor our parents in these days.  We are blessed by you and thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment