Thursday, December 30, 2010

Read the Bible in 2011

For your joy in Jesus, refreshment in spirit, equipment for battling sin and living fruitful, Christ-magnifying life, growth in God's grace and His gospel, and depth of prayer and intercession (and more!), I encourage you to read through the Scriptures in 2011.  There are many excellent Bible reading plans available on line, including many for use with the English Standard Version.

I have used the ESV Study Bible and find it very helpful, and this year I will use the "M'Cheyne Bible Reading Plan" (one I've not followed before).  You may find this and nine other plans at the ESV resources website--  www.esv.org/resources/reading-plans-devotion.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks,Pastor. You made my work easy. I found the "Every Day in the Word" plan, which is just what I was looking for. For anyone who isn't sure about a plan, I used a very similar plan a few years ago and really liked it. It has readings from the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs every day.

    ReplyDelete